Supervisors are responsible for guiding employees and making sure that they complete tasks, assisting customers and meet deadlines. To become an effective supervisor, you have to learn how to communicate, solve problems and motivate staff where necessary.
Our Supervisory Management course will equip you with the skills to supervise staff proactively. Learn to communicate with employees and address work efficiency issues as they arise. You will also learn how to improve productivity within your unit.
This training programme lays the foundation for the development of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It specifically develops management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who are currently operating as junior managers
The training introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to be informed managers in any occupation. It has also been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
Module 1: Apply Leadership Concepts In A Work Context
Unit Standard 242824 Credits 12
- Explaining the concept of leadership.
- Differentiating between the concepts of leadership and management
- Applying leadership techniques to individuals and teams within the work context
- Evaluating the impact of leadership techniques applied.
Module 2: Identify Responsibilities Of A Team Leader In Ensuring That Organisational Standards Are Met Unit Standard 242821 Credits 6
- Explaining the role of a team leader.
- Explaining the purpose of a team.
- Contracting with a team to obtain commitment.
- Monitoring the achievement of team objectives.
Module 3: Motivate and Build a Team Unit Standard 242819 Credits10
- Explaining the importance of motivating a team
- Demonstrating an understanding of self and team members in a workplace.
- Applying theories of motivation and group dynamics.
- Implementing a plan of action to strengthen a team.
- Providing feedback and recognising achievements.
Module 4: Prioritise Time And Work For Self And Team Unit Standard 242811 Credits 5
- Creating, implementing and maintaining a personal and team task list.
- Using and maintaining a diary.
- Prioritising personal and team tasks.
- Implementing and maintaining a task list.
Module 5: Solve Problems, Make Decisions And Implement Solutions Unit Standard 242817 Credits 8
- Defining a problem.
- Investigating the problem.
- Generating problem solutions.
- Implementing problem solution.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the solution.
Module 6: Employ A Systematic Approach To Achieving Objectives Unit Standard 242822 Credits 10
- Specifying objectives
- Formulating a plan.
- Co-ordinating people and other resources.
- Implementing the plan to meet objectives.
- Evaluating results and making corrections and improvements.
Supervisors and managers
Learning Delivery Method
Stand-alone classroom-based accredited course
Unit Standard Alignment
SAQA ID: 57721 NQF Level: 4 NQF Credits: 51
US Title: National Certificate Generic Management
In-House Courses: 2 consecutive days of classroom training per module together with portfolio of evidence building.