Our international trade journey continues and slows down slightly as we introduce you to the complexities of Ocean Freight and DB Schenker’s customised Ocean Freight logistics solutions to meet specific requirements. The Ocean Freight product training provides a learning opportunity to acquire a comprehensive and broad-based overview which will equip you with all the essentials to progress to a more advanced level of discovery.
The training deals with ports and routes; shipments and products as well as essential documents needed to transact with international trade partners. Also included in the training is Schenker specific solutions and commercial aspects such as payments, insurance, commercial documentation and rates. When you choose the long journey to overseas markets to explore the world of the Ocean Freight Forwarder, the product training will shorten your itinerary with quick learning wins.
- Enhance your knowledge with a broad and detailed ocean freight synopsis
- Understand maritime shipping routes, ports, intermodal networks and intermediate transportation hubs
- Gain insight into Schenker’s ocean freight products and specific solutions
- Acquire knowledge about containerised trade
- Focus on specific commercial aspects to understand how documents drive international trade and mitigate risk associated with international commercial transactions
Employees, clients and partners wanting to enhance their knowledge of ocean freight
Learning Delivery Method
E-learning and practical, hands-on product workshop
Unit Standard Alignment
The content of this workshop is partly based on relevant unit standards in Ocean Freight and International Trade and includes credits to the following unit standard:
SAQA ID: 14182 NQF Level: 3 Credits: 4
US Title: Comply with organisation ethics
Online self-learning, facilitation, individual exercises, coaching, demonstrations, practical workplace experience.
Summative and formative assessment to obtain credits for US 14182
E-learning: 4 hours
Workshop: 1 day