Negotiation skills are essential in our pressurised work environment and improved customer service.
Inter-personal, intergroup and structural conflicts all point to the need for more effective tools for lasting problem solving through negotiation. It is thus important for managers, supervisors and customer service staff to become familiar with the principles, processes, and techniques of negotiation management.
- Explain the need for negotiation skills
- Develop interpersonal skills and communication techniques around the negotiation process
- Understand the negotiation process
- Factors influencing outcomes of a negotiation
- Prepare for negotiations
- Conduct negotiations
- Conclude negotiations
- Evaluate negotiations
- Different personality types around the negotiation table
- Define negotiation and value thereof
- Rules around effective negotiation
- Breaking deadlocks
- Research prior to conducting negotiations
- How to create win-win solutions
Managers, Supervisors, Customer Service Staff and anyone who wants to improve their negotiation management skills.
Learning Delivery Method
Stand-alone classroom-based accredited course
Unit Standard Alignment
SAQA ID: 117853 NQF Level: 5 Credits: 8
US Title: Conduct Negotiations To Deal With A Conflict Situation