The Contract Logistics product training provides an overview of aspects as it relates to basic essential components needed to understand the functioning of Contract Logistics and Supply Chain Management. As such it contextualises the information within the DB Schenker business landscape to facilitate a full understanding of how these essential concepts are embedded in the strategy and Contract Logistics operational environment.
The product essentials training provides a platform to build basic awareness and knowledge that will enable learning to proceed to the next advanced level of Contract Logistics.
- Acquire an overview of the field of Supply Chain Management/Contract Logistics, green and lean logistics
- Understand the solutions offering of DB Schenker Contract Logistics
- Gain insight into various warehouse operational best practices
- Get an overview of the product portfolio of DB Schenker
- Acquire an awareness of the complexity of commercial aspects as it relates to Contract Logistics
Employees, clients and partners who are involved in the business of Contract Logistics who wish to acquire a high level overview
Learning Delivery Method
E-learning and practical, hands-on product workshop
Unit Standard Alignment
The workshop includes credits to the following unit standard:
SAQA ID: 14182 NQF Level: 3 Credits: 4
US Title: Comply with organisation ethics
Online self-learning, facilitation, individual exercises, coaching, demonstrations, practical workplace experience.
Summative and formative assessment to obtain credits for US 14182
E-learning: 4 hours
Workshop: 1 day