The Operations Capacity Building Programme consisting of a product training suite aims at acquiring, broadening and deepening understanding of the specific features of the DB Schenker products and related industry aspects. The training package offers a detailed product guide, e-learning modules and product workshop focusing on facilitating and coaching of day-to-day operational best practices in Freight Forwarding and Logistics.
The Air Freight product training introduces participants to the important essential components of the Air Freight business as well as familiarisation with DB Schenker’s specific information as it relates to its Air Freight product offering. As one of the pioneers in the Air Freight industry, DB Schenker Logistics runs charter flights connecting hubs on all continents several times a week according to a flight schedule and with guaranteed capacities. You are invited to learn more about this exciting product by flying with us on your product learning journey!
- Acquire an overview of the Air Freight business and industry
- Understand air traffic flows, hubs and gateways as manifested in international air freight networks and routes
- Gain insight into various aircraft, shipments and required documentation
- Get an overview of the Air Freight product mix of DB Schenker
- Discover some interesting facts and figures about freighting cargo all over the world
- Explore specific commercial aspects relating to international trade
Employees, clients and partners who are involved in and interested to know more about the business of Air Freight and DB Schenker’s role in international trade
Learning Delivery Method
E-learning and practical, hands-on product workshop
Unit Standard Alignment
The content of this workshop is partly based on relevant unit standards in Air Freight and International Trade and includes credits to the following unit standard:
SAQA ID: 14182 NQF Level: 3 Credits: 4
US Title: Comply with organisation ethics
Online self-learning, facilitation, individual exercises, coaching, demonstrations, practical workplace experience.
Summative and formative assessment to obtain credits for US 14182
E-learning: 4 hours
Workshop: 1 day